Saturday, June 19, 2010

Capulin Volcano National Monument

June 17, 2010: Departed Clayton today headed initially to Capulin Volcano National Monument just a few miles down the road and near Folsom, New Mexico. I had visited this park when I was a young kid on the way to Folsom to visit my grandmother. In fact, the story goes that my mother left a camera there and was not able to recover it. They tout this as one of the best examples of a cone volcano. Charlcie and I hiked the one-mile Rim Trail. This was our first exercise in high altitude and so we went at a slow pace, and dealt with very strong winds (which are prevalent everywhere we’ve been so far).

1 comment:

  1. Love the picture of you two! We check on ya'll every day! Keep up the posting we love to see them. Love ya'll stay safe!!! - Heather & Jeff

    ReplyDelete