Saturday, June 26, 2010

Challenges and Someone is looking out for us!

We don't know if it's our organization, or lack thereof, or our brains (especially mine) are in full disengagement mode, or we're just having so much fun that we are losing focus, but we have had some anxious moments. Here are some examples: After we ordered the famous green chile chesseburger at The Sportsman, as we were talking, we realized that Charlcie did not have her sunglasses and I remembered I left the locking pin to the cargo hauler on the back bumper of the truck. Charlcie thought she might have dropped her sunglasses in the camp parking area and feared we had run over them. I knew that a trip across a couple of miles of bumpy dirt road had flipped the locking pin off the back bumper. We were a little bummed at the moment. But on the trip back to the campsite, we recovered the pin from the middle of the road. We found Charlcie's sunglasses under the hammock. Relief! The next day, my first day on the San Juan, my mind was certainly not tuned in to anything other than fishing. As I said, the trip from the parking area requires some work and takes about 30 minutes to reach the river. When Charlcie picked me up after about 3 hours, as I was loading my stuff in the truck I decided I wanted to show her the fish picture - only to discover that my camera was missing. I instantly remembered where I had left it, so I made the round-trip back to retrieve it. This old body was really worn out after that ordeal but very lucky to have the camera back. And that's not all! Charlcie had placed my very expensive fly rod on the luggage rack and we forgot to stow it IN the truck. I realized it some 10 miles later as we reached the entrance to the campground. Since the roads contain some very large potholes, which we managed to visit, I was absolutely sick knowing that there was no way the rod was still on top of the truck. Charlcie stopped the truck so I could check and amazingly the rod was still there. We're convinced even more now that this journey was meant to be - in spite of our old and crazy moments, someone is taking care of us!

1 comment:

  1. This is proof that my prayers are being answered! I'm glad things seem to be going your way and that you both are having fun. The girls in my office love reading your blog and we get excited when a new post comes up.....so keep them comming! Talk to you soon :)
    -Lacey

    ReplyDelete