Thursday, July 15, 2010

July 13, 2010 Well, the folks with the high-decibel generator cranked ‘er up at 7:00 a.m., followed by idling of the loudest diesel pick-up I have ever heard, tossing of left-over firewood into the back of the truck and all other kinds of banging and clanging and loud conversation. Much to our delight, they pulled the huge RV out and headed to another place and as they pulled away we couldn’t help but notice the auto tags were from Texas – ‘nuff said. Actually that’s not quite fair – we have met many nice folks from Texas on our trip. Very chilly this morning – I woke up early but didn’t get much done for awhile other than put a pot of coffee on. After it warmed up we headed up to the prime fishing water where I was able to fish for a couple of hours while Charlcie headed for the top of the mountain to get a cell signal and catch up on a few things. Although I didn’t catch any of the huge trout that populate this river, I was able to catch a handful of brilliantly colored rainbows in the 6”-12” range. When fishing got slow, I decided to take a snapshot of the trout that were underfoot. A little experimentation with my Olympus waterproof camera. The water is so clear and the fish so close, that I actually took this snapshot by just holding the camera under water and snapping on auto setting. After reading my operations manual for this camera, I discovered, duh, that I can actually take photos or movies underwater with several available settings. For the future – perhaps with enhanced quality. After lunch, we were able to grab some hammock time. A little breeze gently sways the hammock and rustles the pines which produce a nice soothing sound and the aroma that signals you are truly in the great outdoors and a relaxing nap is the end result. We did make an attempt at post-nap fishing, but was ill-fated due to one of those typical afternoon storms that pop up out here. It continued to rain, so we had to alter our plans. I now know why Charlcie was not too keen on my suggestion to procure a dining tarp to put over the picnic table at our campsites. She had been hinting all day about wanting to drive over the mountain to eat at a restaurant – and guess what? Not wanting to prepare dinner in the rain, we ended up dining at The Nugget in Taylor Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment