Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bonus fishing trip to Oregon

In the afternoon, we drove over to the Owyhee River in Oregon. Jim took off early for work and he and Clarence graciously gave up their afternoon to see to it that I had an opportunity to fish. Charlcie and I had heard of this incredible brown trout fishery from a fellow fly-fisher before we arrived here and then the relatives were touting it, so I was intrigued. I was able to land nine fish in about three late-afternoon hours in this very attractive stream running through another dessert red-rock canyon. All brown trout, most in the 14-15” range, and perfect specimens. And disappointedly, I didn’t have my camera and didn’t want to leave such good fishing to walk back to the truck to get it. Take my word, they were gorgeous. Did manage pics of the reservoir and canyon.

No comments:

Post a Comment