Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Trout Park

Eva's friend Barry met us at a trout park here in Ogden to fly-fish a pond for large trout. Many large rainbows in this pond - as well as ducks. Caught my first duck on a fly rod! - she swam across my line and hooked her foot, I immediately broke her off so the barbless hook would dislodge soon and she wouldn't be harmed. Also caught many nice rainbows on dry flies, including the largest fish I've ever caught. The picture doesn't really show how big and we didn't measure because we needed to get it back in the water - but it was big and fat. Barney and Parker were nice enough to come join us and Barney netted several of the fish for me and Barry. He's liable to get the "bug". Very nice sunset over the Great Salt Lake as we returned to Eva's.

No comments:

Post a Comment