Monday, October 11, 2010

In Saratoga to visit the Grubbs

For the second consecutive year, we were able to spend time in Saratoga, WY to visit my cousin Everett and his wife Renie, and some of their kids and grandkids. Last year we had visited in July to attend a family reunion. This year our stay was included as part of our grand tour because we are very fond of our relatives here and we always enjoy spending time with them. On our way from Lander, we made a stop in Sinclair to have lunch at the Su Casa restaurant – as recommended by our relatives who had grown up in this refinery town - it was worth the stop. In Saratoga, we were treated to dinner at the historic Wolf Hotel, lunch at Saratoga Inn, and dinner out in moose country at the Rendezvous. And in between, Renie fixed some wonderful meals. I fished in the North Platte for a few hours and did not meet with the same success as I had enjoyed last year. We also got the grand tour of the Saratoga area, including viewing all the homes and other properties that the family construction company have built. We just really enjoyed visiting with Everett and Renie, son Rory, son Lance and his wife Carly, and their two beautiful daughters Sophia and Haley. We have confirmed on this trip that we are very blessed to have such special family and friends and we are so looking forward to hopefully seeing all of them again in the near future. At the Rendezvous: left to right; Sophia, Lance, Haley, Carly, Everett, Renie, and you know the rest Haley with Cash Sophia and Cash Charlcie and Chili

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I am Renie's
    first cousin Shannon...and I am admiring your photos...they make me so homesick I can't even tell you! Although I live in beautiful northern Minnesota...there is absolutely nothing quite as beautiful to me as WYOMING..and you have captured so many of my past memories...what a great trip! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete